Sunday, August 20, 2017

Mine des Barbouilliers

Distance: 5.4 km (hike only).  Elevation low/high/total: 30/424/462 m.
Difficulty:3.5/10  Scenic: 5.8/10
https://goo.gl/photos/64G9mUVjiKpaY8i7A
Finally out and about on a new hike.  Pics are here and gpx is here

Well, it took 5 months, but finally Paul and I found a common time to join up for a hike.  Given that I just had (another) knee surgery, we choose a relatively easy hike.  Paul and I both have a new dog and they are amazingly similar looking.  Mine is the small one above, a female named Carlos (I didn't name her) and his is a male named Kenai (like the Alaska peninsula/river).  The trek was a slow climb up an old logging road to a long abandoned mining site.  the weather was so-so and even started to rain a little at the end.  But, with my recovering knee and Paul's problematic ankle, this was just the right level of difficulty and hopefully we'll be back to bigger hikes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment