Sunday, November 15, 2015

Riviere We Puci

Distance: 5.8 km.  Elevation low/high/total: 105/135/103 m.
Difficulty:3.6/10.  Scenic: 7.3/10
A solo hike this time, in the vicinity of the Pont des Japonais.  This river (We Puci) is better than the one crossed by the Pont (Pirogues).  Click pic for photo album, the geotrack is here.
Just needed to get out for a simple hike so decided to return to the region near the Pont des Japonais.  I'd identified a different access point from which I could hike along the Riviere des Pirogues to return to the great swimming hole near the Pont du Japanais we'd found last year.  But ultimately I failed at finding the entrance track.  Instead, I found a different track and just 4-wheel drove towards the river, which turned out to to be the Riviere We Puci,  until I didn't feel safe driving further.  But I was able to get within a 100 meters of the river so it was grand.  Two swimming holes provided welcome relief from the rather warm conditions and next time I'll explore further upstream.  The trail is narrow at times and long pants, or at least protection for the shins is suggested.  Besides the vistas, there are still lots of old RR track beams and crumblingcreek-crossing wooden bridges and even an old RR car all along the trail.


No comments:

Post a Comment